Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Zoya Pixie Dust Liberty and Chyna Review

Hi everyone. Today I have for you Zoya Pixie Dust Liberty and Chyna. This is my first time using the Pixie Dust, and so far I like it a lot more than I did OPI and their Liquid Sand.
I chose these colors Sunday night after my last post, and after what happened in Boston on Monday, I'm glad I did. The formula on these were pretty good. They were a little thick, but that tends to be the case with anything Pixie Dust or Liquid Sand related. I had no problem with application at all. I found the Pixie Dust not nearly as gritty as the Liquid Sand. Which I liked much better. 
As you can tell from my above picture, I chose to put a top coat on over top of Liberty and Chyna. I would describe Liberty as the most beautiful color of cobalt/sapphire blue I've ever seen. Chyna looks like I'm wearing crushed rubies on my finger tips. I'm so happy with the colors and how they turned out. Zoya recommends not wearing any base coat or a top coat. I stuck with the no base coat rule, but I broke the no top coat rule. I just prefer to have a nice glassy finish. I used three coats of Liberty and Chyna. As far as the top coat, I used two coats of Gelous and topped it with one coat of Seche. Drying time was normal, I didn't find that I needed to wait any longer or anything. My above picture was taken with flash, now I'll show you the beauties in the sun!
Look at them just sparkle!!! I love how bright the colors are. I think these would be perfect for anything patriotic related. My husband was in the Army, so I'm very patriotic. I have no doubt what my 4th of July mani will be. You can find these to purchase at http://www.zoya.com/content/38/category/Zoya.html?brndid=38 for only $9 each. Zoya is always running specials, so keep you're eyes and ears open and you just may be able to get them cheaper. I know that Ulta sells Zoya, but I haven't heard if they will be getting the Pixie Dust Collection or not. 

I hope that each and every one of you has a great week. Make sure you say some extra prayers or something for those that have been affected by the Boston explosions. I know I will be hugging my family extra tight tonight. 

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I love the top coats on them too- your swatches are lovely!! -Olivia F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this for a festive 4th of July mani that is simple yet GLITTERYYYYYY! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pixie Dust looks so much better than the Julep sand effect polish I got last night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to have found your page, love your beautiful work! Thank you for the invite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this combo. You have me reconsidering purchasing the pixies now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely LOVE this blue...nice job!
    Sandra B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you tried them w/out the top coat yet?
    Dom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colour combination! And so sparkly <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Liberty is just an amazing to die for color. Hate the staining part :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've had Liberty on for two days. It looks great with Chyna.

    ReplyDelete
  11. chyna is so prettyyyy its one of my lemmings <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh what a pretty patriotic manicure

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to put these on my wishlist for sure! They are stunning!

    ReplyDelete