Sunday, April 14, 2013

Illamasqua Raindrops

Hi guys. This will be a fairly quick post. Today I have for you Illamasqua Original Raindrops and Pink Raindrops. I was able to get into a group break for these, because I wasn't wanting to pay crazy shipping costs. I'm very glad I pulled the trigger and got them.
I'll be honest. When I saw them in their boxes, I was nervous. The one that I thought I wouldn't like the most, (Original Raindrops) I fell in love with. I like them both, but if I had to choose just one, it would for sure be Original. I would describe Original Raindrops as a sheer light grey that has a jelly finish with just a hint of blue flakes. I would describe Pink Raindrops as a sheer neutral pink that has pale pink flakes of sparkle throughout. 
This was my first time using Illamasqua other than to swatch,  but I heard all the hype about their gorgeous Raindrops so I knew I had to give them a try. I used three coats of Original Raindrops and three coats of Pink Raindrops. Formula wise, they were very different. Original Raindrops was normal consistency and didn't seem thick at all. Pink Raindrops on the other hand, was pretty thick and nearly opaque in just one coat. They both applied beautifully. I only used one coat of Seche to top my mani off. If you're wanting something that has more glitter to it, definitely chose Pink Raindrops. 
It's been pretty dreary here weather wise, so I wasn't able to get an outside shot. I was surprised that I liked the Original Raindrops better. Normally I go for the sparklier of the two. I've had this on for 3 days, and I don't even have any tip wear yet. If I didn't want to do another blog post, I honestly wouldn't take it off. Both Raindrops would look amazing in the summer with a tan or anytime of the year. I think it's safe for me to say, Original Raindrops will be my go to polish. It has that grey color, but it also has a hint of blue. You can purchase Illamasqua from http://www.illamasqua.com for $21.43 USD. Currently they're both sold out online, but you can sign up to be notified when they come back in stock. 
Well ladies, I'm out. I hope you have had an awesome weekend. I'm hoping to kick this bug I have in time for my daughter's next lacrosse game. Have a beautiful week and I'll see you next time!

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get my hands on those, they're both close to the top of my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't these the most beautiful?! I liked Raindrops better too! I even got a backup & I'm so happy I did! It's definitely a must-have, and I couldn't take the chance of ever being without it! ;) Everyone should have these two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want the pink one so bad! Heck, I want the blue too! xD<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous, Raindrops has been on my wish list forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so pretty i need to get these

    ReplyDelete